Altered matchbox #3.
I have learned a bit about altered matchboxes. First of all when you paint over the part that you strike on the side there is a strange odor. Secondly it is very important to score the outside sheet that you are covering your matchbox with. If you measure and do not score the corners the outside sleeve will buckle and not give you a crisp clean cover. The inside of the sleeve can be painted and distressed with ink as well as the drawer. Make sure everything dries well before distressing with ink. I used an cream colored acrylic paint on this one with tea stain distress ink. The paper for the outside is from K and Co. I then distressed all the edges with tea stain distress ink. The lace for the cover is also stained with a terracotta walnut ink spray. The flowers are handmade from book pages and other vintage trims and buttons finished off this piece. I sealed the paper and image with gel medium.